- Players, who go to ground to gather the ball or who go to ground with the ball, must immediately:
- Get up with the ball; or
- Play (but not kick) the ball; or
- Release the ball.
- Once the ball is played or released, players on the ground must immediately either move away from the ball or get up. Sanction: Penalty.
- A player on the ground without the ball is out of the game and must:
- Allow opponents who are not on the ground to play or gain possession of the ball.
- Not play the ball.
- Not tackle or attempt to tackle an opponent.
- Players on their feet and without the ball must not fall on or over players on the ground who have the ball or who are near it. Sanction: Penalty.
The game is played only by players who are on their feet.